Residency Application Process
The University of Arizona Pediatric Residency Program has 16 PL-1 positions (NRMP Pediatrics 1015320C0) available beginning July 1, 2017. The Program accepts applications via ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service) ONLY.
USMLE scores must be released to ERAS.
Interviews will be held from November 2017 through the end of January 2018.
The following application documents are required:
- Dean's letter
- Medical school transcript
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
- USMLE scores
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from physician faculty members with whom you have worked directly.
International Medical Graduates:
The University of Arizona Department of Pediatrics considers applications from International Medical Graduates. Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certification is REQUIRED for ranking.
Application requirements are the same as above. Additionally, below are answers to some commonly asked questions:
- USMLE Score Requirements: A minimum score of 235 on USMLE Steps 1 and 2 are required to be considered for an interview.
- Medical School Graduation Date: Maximum of five (5) years since completing either medical school or a training program.
- Visa sponsorship: J1 (sponsored by ECFMG) is available. We do not sponsor H1 or H1B visas. For more information on J1 visa requirements, please visit the ECFMG Exchange Visitor Sponsorship Program (EVSP) website.
- Clinical Experience: U.S. clinical experience is not required but strongly encouraged.
- Pre-match positions: We do not offer pre-match positions.
- Observerships: Observerships are not offered at this institution.
- ECFMG certification: ECFMG certification is required in order to be considered for ranking.
Please keep in mind that our Selection Committee considers the ENTIRE application when selecting candidates to interview! If you are selected for an interview, we will contact you.
Please be aware that ERAS applications are reviewed regularly and new documents downloaded daily throughout interview season. You do NOT need to notify us of application updates.
If you have questions that are not answered here, please send us an email.
A personal interview, by invitation of our Housestaff Selection Committee, is required and must take place prior to January 31, 2018.