Faculty in the Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases provide in-patient consultation services to all pediatric services at Diamond Chidlren's. In addition, the division is on-call 24 hours a day to provide informal phone consultative services to physicians and physician-assistants both in Tucson and throughout Arizona.
- Bone & joint infections
- Pneumonia and complicated respiratory infections
- Coccidioidomycosis and other fungal infections
- Opportunistic infections in immunosuppressed children
- Conditions producing diagnostic dilemmas, such as fever of unknown origin, periodic fevers, severe or recurrent infections
- Anti-microbial-resistant infections
- Central nervous system infections
- Initial evaluation of children with recurrent infections
In addition to its clinical services, the division focuses on clinical research and has a strong presence in both administration and education of both medical students and housestaff.
Director, Pediatric Residency Program
Co-Director, EM/Peds Residency
Medical Director, Infection Prevention, Banner University Medical Center and College of Medicine
Director, Pediatric Clerkship Program
Associate Program Director, Pediatric Residency Program