Faculty in the Neonatology Division provides care for premature and critically ill newborns.
State-of-the-art comprehensive and multi-disciplinary care based on a family-centered philosophy is given in our 36-bed intensive care nursery at Diamond Children's and at the 12-bed Special Care Center at Northwest Hospital.
- We provide care for babies from all over Arizona, the surrounding states, and Mexico.
- Pediatric surgical and medical sub-specialists available at the University of Arizona College of Medicine enable us to provide the best possible care of infants with special problems too complex to be managed in other institutions
- The babies are provided a joint pediatric surgical, subspecialty and neonatal approach to their medical problems
The NICU at Diamond Children's:
- Has state-of-the-art equipment and capabilities, including high frequency ventilation and nitric oxide administration
- Is staffed by experienced University of Arizona faculty neonatologists, neonatal nurse practitioners, neonatal nurses and respiratory therapists
- Contains a surgical suite where infants can undergo operations without leaving the NICU
- Is the only hospital with infant heart surgery capabilities in Southern Arizona